Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
What is this about?
The Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server is a mid-level certification that covers skills required to manage Windows Server operating system (e.g. Windows Server 2012), client-server structure, network infrastructure, virtualization, etc.
Botho University’s MCSA: Windows Server course provides students many hands-on lab exercises. Utilizing not only Microsoft Hyper-V virtual technologies but also VMWare, students can manipulate multiple servers and clients simultaneously.
Why should you enroll?
The Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification for Windows (2012/2016) is ideal for IT workers wanting to establish a solid foundation and understanding of Windows Server 2012/2016. Exam Topics covered include: Installation & configuration of Windows Server 2012/2016, Managing and understanding Active Directory Domain Services, Implementing networking services, file and print services, Implementing local storage, Administering Group Policy, Implementing Server virtualization with Hyper-V, Configure and troubleshoot DNS, Remote Access and file system security, and more.
What are the topics covered?
This course incorporates content from Microsoft Official Courses (MOC):
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 (M20410)
- Administering Windows Server 2012 (M20411)
- Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services (M20412)
You Will Prepare for These Exams:
- 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- 70-411: Administering Windows Server 2012
- 70-412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
What is the duration?
This course can take between 4 to 12 months
Who should attend?
This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals who have some knowledge and experience working with Windows operating systems and who want to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to install and perform the initial configuration of a Windows Server 2012/2016 or Windows Server 2012 R2 server in an existing Windows server environment. Typically, candidates who are interested in attending this course include:
- Windows Server administrators who are relatively new to Windows Server administration and related technologies who are looking to learn more about Windows Server 2012/2016.
- IT professionals who are experienced in other non-Microsoft technologies, who meet the course prerequisites and are looking to cross-train on Windows Server 2012/2016.
- IT professionals who are looking to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) 410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012/2016 exam.
- IT professionals who want to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in DataCenter, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communications will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) exams. These are a prerequisite for their individual specialties.
1) Applicants are expected to have successfully completed secondary schooling. The typical entry requirement is BGCSE or IGCSE (in Botswana), LGCSE (in Lesotho) or other equivalent secondary school qualification.
2) The applicant should have passed in a minimum of five BGCSE or equivalent subjects including English and Mathematics with a minimum of a C in Mathematics.
3) Applicants in possession of a Diploma or Higher Diploma in related field will be given exemptions based on the credit point equivalency
4) For enquiries and more information please visit our General Admissions Information page