What is this about?
This course introduces students to the computer, windows, email and internet as well as a study of Microsoft Office as an accounting tool. Being able to keep the books of a business on a computerised accounting software package is essential for any bookkeeper. The course also includes an in depth study of dedicated computerised accounting using industry leading software packages.
Why should you enroll?
The introduction of computerized accounting systems provide major advantages such as speed and accuracy of operation, and perhaps more importantly, the ability to see the real-time state of the company’s financial position. The Computerized Accounting (Sage Pastel) course will provide learners with knowledge of the business concepts and office skills in the key areas of accounting. In this 5 days course, learners will learn how to use Sage Pastel software along with other essential skills and techniques needed in this profession.
What are the topics covered?
- Basic PC concepts
- Working with MS Windows OS
- Working with the Internet and Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Outlook
- Working with Microsoft Word
- Working with Microsoft Excel
- Working with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Installation and registration
- Pastel language
- Creating and setting up a company
- Create and maintain general ledger accounts
- Create and maintain supplier accounts
- Create and maintain customer accounts
- Create and maintain inventory items
- Take on balances and journals
- Supplier processing
- Customer processing
- Cash book, petty cash and journal
- Month end procedures
- Year end procedures
What is the duration?
This is a 5 days course
Who should attend?
- Financial Analysts
- Portifolio Managers
- Securities Analysts
- Pension Fund Managers