Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education
Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education (PGCHE)
The Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education facilitates the professional development of teachers/lecturers as reflective practitioners in higher education. The programme achieves this by developing their knowledge of higher education as a field of study and enabling lecturers to enhance their ability to facilitate, manage and assess students’ learning.
Career opportunities include:
- Educational Technologist
- Quality Assurance Officer
Programme details: The programme consists of core (required) and elective modules as detailed below. Some modules may have pre-requisites (i.e. may require the student to pass another module or set of modules first). Some modules may be co-requisite (i.e. such modules are required to be taken together). The number at the end of the module in parenthesis indicates the credit load of the module. 1 credit is equal to 10 hours of learning (guided, in-class and independent combined); therefore a 10-credit module requires on average 100 hours of learning from the student.
- D8 - LTA - 10: Learning, Teaching and Assessment (20)
- D8 - PPA1 - 15: Professional Academic Practice in Action 1 (10)
- D8 - PPA2 - 15: Professional Academic Practice in Action 2 (10)
Elective modules:Select one from the following:
- D8 - QHE - 11: Quality Frameworks in Higher Education (20)
- D8 - ETE - 12: Educational Technology and e-Learning (20)
Recommended study path (12 months)
- Semester 1: D8:LTA - 10, D8 - PPA1 - 15, Elective (D8 - QHE - 11 or D8 - ETE - 12)
- Semester 2: D8 - PPA2 - 15
1) Applicants are expected to have completed a Bachelors Degree, preferably up to Honors level from a recognised institution.
2) For enquiries and more information please visit our General Admissions Information page