CIPFA - Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy
Programme details: CIPFA is the professional accountancy body dedicated to people in public finance throughout the world. It is the world’s only professional accountancy body to specialize in public services. Its portfolio of qualifications is the foundation for a career in public finance. They include the benchmark professional qualification for public sector accountants as well as a postgraduate diploma for people already working in leadership positions. Globally, CIPFA leads the way in public finance by standing up for sound public financial management and good governance. The organization works with donors, partner governments, accountancy bodies and public sector entities around the world to advance public finance and support better public services.
Learning, Teaching & Assessment
Guided Learning:The students will be exposed to lectures, tutorials and supervised study administered by the teachers.
Lectures:The teacher will present materials either orally or by the use of other teaching aids.
Online Learning:The lecture notes, online tests, additional study material, discussion group and links to related subjects will be made available to students.
Independent Learning: The students will carry out self–directed learning for which the teacher will act only as a guide.
Assessment: This will be of various types. The examination will be written combining different modes of assessment. It could involve doing project works, interviews or drawn from classroom activities and presentations.
Year 1: Semester 1 & 2
- A6- FAC-15 – Financial Accounting
- A6-MAC-15 – Management Accounting
- A6-PFR-15 – Public Sector Financial Reporting
- A6-AAS-15 – Audit and Assurance
Year 2: Semester 3 & 4
- A6-MOR-15 – Managing Organizations
- A6-MFI-15 – Managing Finance
(If a student exits after successful completion of semesters 1, 2 and 3 then the student will be eligible for a Diploma in International Public Financial Management)
- A7-GPE-15 – Governance, Public Policy and Ethics
- A7-PFI-15 – Public Finance
Year 3: Semester 5 & 6
- A7-FRE-15 – Financial Reporting
- A7-BST-15 – Business Strategy
(If a student exists after successful completion of semester 4 and 5 then the student will be eligible for an Advanced Diploma in International Public Financial Management)
- A8-SLE-15 – Strategic Leadership
- A8-SFM-15 – Strategic Financial Management
After successful completion of semester 6 the student will be awarded a Professional Qualification in International Public Financial Management)
*The sequence of papers being taught may be changed with the explicit permission of the Dean.
The above information is true at the time of publishing.
For the latest updates and more details refer to the CIPFA official website:www.cipfa.org
1) Applicants are expected to have successfully completed secondary schooling. The typical entry requirement is BGCSE or IGCSE (in Botswana), LGCSE (in Lesotho) or other equivalent secondary school qualification.
2) Applicants in possession of a Diploma or Higher Diploma in related field will be given exemptions based on the credit point equivalency
3) For enquiries and more information please visit our General Admissions Information page