Botswana Institute of Chartered Accountants (BICA)
BICA - Complete Course (Certificate, Professional & Advanced Levels)
Programme details: The BICA course not only lays stress on the academics but also on the practical training aspect. The student is exposed to all possible aspects of accounting, including pure accounting, financial reporting, auditing, taxation, financial management etc. These papers are covered very extensively and in great depths. A student completing the ACA course offered by BICA not only has expert theoretical knowledge but also has the practical hands-on knowledge. A student passing the ACA course can expect the best accounting jobs.
Learning, Teaching & Assessment
Guided Learning:The students will be exposed to lectures, tutorials and supervised study by the teachers.
Lectures:The teacher will present materials either orally or by the use of other teaching aids.
Online Learning:The lecture notes, online tests, additional study material, discussion groups and links to related subjects will be made available to students.
Independent Learning: The students will have to do self - directed independent learning where the teacher will be acting as a guide.
Assessment: This will be of various types. It could be written or objective type (multiple choices) or a combination of both. It may involve project works, interviews or be based on classroom activities and presentations.
Year 1: Semester 1 & 2
Semester 1 (Certificate Level)
- A6 - MIS - 11: Management Information
- A6 - ACC - 11: Accounting
- A6 - LAW - 11: Law
- A6 - ASU - 11: Assurance
Year 2: Semester 3 & 4
- A6 - POT - 11: Principle of Tax
- A6 - BFI - 11: Business and Finance
(If a student exits after successful completion of semester 1 then the student is eligible for a BICA - Certificate Level qualification)
Semester 4 (Professional Level)
- A7 - FMA - 11: Financial Management
- A7 - FAR - 11: Financial Accounting & Reporting
Year 3: Semester 5 & 6
- A7 - TCO - 13: Tax Compliance
- A7 - AUD - 11: Audit & Assurance
- A7 - BST - 11: Business Strategy
- A7 - BPT - 13: Business Planning: Taxation
Year 4: Semester 7 & 8
Semester 7 (Advanced Level)
- A8 - SBM - 13: Strategic Business Management
- A8 - CRE - 11: Corporate Reporting
- A8 - CST - 11: Case Study
*The sequence of the papers being taught may be changed with the explicit permission of the Dean.
**The student must complete 450 days of TWE (Technical Work Experience)
The above information is true at the time of publishing.
For latest updates and for more details refer to the BICA official website:www.bica.org.bw
1) Applicants are expected to have successfully completed secondary schooling. The typical entry requirement is BGCSE or IGCSE (in Botswana), LGCSE (in Lesotho) or other equivalent secondary school qualification.
2) Applicants in possession of a Diploma or Higher Diploma in related field will be given exemptions based on the credit point equivalency
3) For enquiries and more information please visit our General Admissions Information page