BSc Computing from Masters and Teesside
BSc (Hons) in Computing (Teesside University, UK) - Top Up (120 Credits)
Programme details: The BSc (Hons) Computing degree by Teesside University provides an industrially/commercially relevant education for students from a variety of subject backgrounds. Students will acquire a range of practical, professional and transferable skills that will enable them to contribute to their chosen profession or to pursue further study. The Top Up degree is a 1 year programme available in full-time mode.
Learning, Teaching & Assessment
Guided Learning: The students will be exposed to lectures, tutorials and supervised study by the teachers.
Lectures: The teacher will present materials either orally or by the use of other teaching aids.
Online Learning: The lecture notes, online tests, additional study material, discussion groups and links to related subjects will be made available to students.
Independent Learning: The students will have to do self-directed independent learning where the teacher will be acting as a guide.
Assessment: ICA - In Course Assessment which is a real world scenario based case study requesting the student to implement the concepts learnt in the specific module.
Typical Study Schedule (credits shown in brackets)
Top up year: Semesters 1 & 2
- T8 - ADB: Advanced Database Systems (20)
- T14 - AST: Advanced Server technology
- T8 - ANE: Advanced Networks (20)
- T8 - ISM: ICT Service Management (20)
- T8 - PRO: Practical Project (40)
The 20 credit modules (i.e. everything except Practical Project) run for one semester. The Practical Project module runs for two semesters.
1) Applicants are expected to have successfully completed secondary schooling. The typical entry requirement is BGCSE or IGCSE (in Botswana), LGCSE (in Lesotho) or other equivalent secondary school qualification.
2) Applicants in possession of a Diploma or Higher Diploma in related field will be given exemptions based on the credit point equivalency
3) For enquiries and more information please visit our General Admissions Information page