What is this about?
XBRL (Extensible Business Reporting Language), is a freely available XML-based specification that uses accepted financial reporting standards and practices to exchange financial statements across all software and technologies, including the Internet. It is an XML-based framework that provides the financial community a standards-based method to prepare, publish in a variety of formats, reliably extract and automatically exchange financial statements of publicly held companies. XBRL is not about establishing new accounting standards but enhancing the usability of the ones that we have through the digital language of business, XML.
Why should you enroll?
A student who successfully completes the module will:
- Recognize the importance and challenges of electronic reporting
- Comprehend the basic role and principles of XBRL as electronic business reporting standard
- Understand the architecture of XBRL standard and its key components
- Grasp the key benefits of XBRL adoption (impact on processes of data collection, validation, storage, analysis, publication)
- Be able to communicate the merits of adopting XBRL to meet their business objectives and identify necessary steps to begin the process
- Be able to create XBRL instance documents and exchange business information through them
What are the topics covered?
- Evolution of XBRL and its Advantages
- Exploring of XML
- Exploring XBRL
- Exploring Taxonomies
- Building XBRL Taxonomies
- Report Generation / Implementation of XBRL Taxonomies in financial data exchange
- Learning strategies of behaviour
- Learning about advanced state management
- Discussion of various coaching models in business management
What is the duration?
This is a 40 hours course
Who should attend?
Participation in this course doesn’t require any previous knowledge or experience of XBRL. It is targeted at representatives of regulators, supervisors, investment analysts and academics with the following profiles: Accountants, auditors, financial controllers (Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, Cost Accountants & MBA Finance), Investment Analysts & Investors (CFAs, CMAs & Business Analysts), Professors and students of accounting & finance.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +267 363 5406 for a customised annual training plan for 2017 at no extra cost.